Tuesday 30 November 2010

Research on Magazine front covers

From my research on magazine front covers such as 'Film' I have found codes and conventions that are followed throughout magazines which I will include in my magazine front cover. The layout of the magazine involves the title to be at the top of the page and centered. The title is also always in the same font and colour so the audience can recognise the franchise, and are also in brightly lit and bold colours. From studying the film magazine named 'Film' I have found that it always includes the main character from a new blockbuster film, therefore I will put the main character of my trailer centered on the front cover to follow codes and conventions. Text on the magazine front cover is also always in dark colours such as black, red and blue. Therefore I have decided to focus on black and red for my colour panel to promote my film trailer through the magazine. Secondary features, such as the content inside the magazine, is also always found around the main image, using the same colour panel. Through my research I found that 'Film' magazine also includes pugs, which I will try to include in my film magazine through using photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment